Well we all at some point have ordered something mistakenly or may have added a product to the cart earlier but now we didn’t want it but because we didn’t check before hand we must have ended on ordering it. Yeah! such things do happen & mostly while ordering food online, now you don’t know how to cancel the order. mostly because they don’t have a single or dedicated button to do so or a step by step guide as to how cancel a order. Zomato is one such restaurant aggregator and food delivery service provider. Zomato is a well know food delivery platform know for offering amazing discounts and super fast delivery. The internet is flooded wit queries or complaints that how they are unable to cancel the order which was mistakenly placed by them. Since we too have face the same problem, we thought about answering the query. Checkout the complete guide how to cancel Zomato order & get a refund within 5- 7 working days. In the meantime due checkout the latest zomato promo codes and discounts that will help you to save money on ordering food. Now lets move on to as to how to cancel our order.You can either choose to chat with the customer care or use the chat function on the app to cancel you order, we will discuss both the methods.
Check out steps to cancel a Zomato order
In order to cancel the order via smartphone just follow the steps
- Open the Zomato application in your mobile phone & login in your account.
- Now click on the three horizontal lines.
- Now click on the customer service menu.
- This will start a chat with the customer service executive
- Type “Cancel My Order”.
- The customer executive will ask for a reason to cancel the order, just type the reason.
- The customer executive will need to confirm with the restaurant if it is possible to cancel your order. If yes, then your order will be cancelled instantly.
You can also use another method to cancel the order which is as follows.
- Open the Zomato app in your phone, login to your account.
- Click on the account option
- See the delivery status by tapping on the orders section
- The list will show you all your orders, just select the order you want to cancel & view its summary.
- The order summary page will display a customer care number.
- Call the number and ask for cancelling your order.
Make sure to cancel the order within 5-20 mins of placing the order. Often the delivery executives steps out with food products for the delivery, so it want be possible to them to cancel once the delivery guy leaves with the food.
How to get refund after order cancel on Zomato:
Once your order is successfully cancelled you get eligible for refunds. The amount will be credited in the bank account used for making the payment. The refund process will typically take 5- 7 working days & you will get a notification of the same by Zomato on your registered email or registered mobile number. But suppose a week has passed and you still didn’t receive the money you can contact the customer care via chat and raise a complaint with them.
How much time does it take to get a refund from Zomato?
The table will help you to understand the time you need to get your refund based on your mode of payment the time will differ.
|PAYMENT METHOD USED
|TIME TAKEN FOR REFUND
|Debit/ Credit Card
|4 – 7 working days
|2 – 4 working days
|5 – 7 working days
|5 working days
Does Zomato charges for food order cancellation?
In some cases you might not be able to cancel the order, while in some cases some restaurants might allow you to cancel the order by paying a small cancellation fee that is mostly a percentage of your paid amount.
Frequently asked questions
- How do I get a refund from Zomato?
You need to be eligible to get refund the duration will depend on your mode of payment, at the most it will take 7 days to your money to be transferred to your account.
- Does Zomato refund the money?
Yes Zomato do refund the money, but you need to be eligible for the same.
- How can i call the customer care executive?
To call the customer care, just click on the order summary, you will get the customer care executive number, use the number to cancel your order.
- How to chat with the customer care executive?
To chat with the customer care executive, click on the chat feature after login in your zomato account.
- Does Zomato charges cancellation fees?
Yes for some orders to can pay the cancellation charges, generally its a percentage of the order amount.