How To Delete A Download On Mac
Whether you’ve accidentally downloaded a file you don’t need or want to delete a download to free up space on your Mac, deleting downloads is a straightforward process. In this blog post, we’ll walk you through step-by-step on how to delete downloads from your Mac. From manually locating files to using Spotlight Search and more, we’ll help you make sure all those extra files are out of the way!
How to delete a download on your Mac computer
Assuming you want to delete a file you have downloaded:
1.Open the Downloads folder by clicking the icon in your Dock. If you don’t see the Downloads icon in your Dock, choose Go > Downloads from the Finder menu bar.
2. Locate the file or folder you want to delete in the Downloads window.
3. Drag the item to the Trash, or select the item and press Command-Delete. The trash can is located at the end of your Dock on the right side. Press Command-Q to quit Finder when finished Deleting items from your Downloads folder or any other location on your Mac.
How to delete a download using the Finder
If you need to delete a download on your Mac computer, the process is pretty straightforward using the Finder. Here’s how:
1. Open the Finder and locate the file or folder you want to delete in any of the default locations, including Downloads, Documents, Desktop, or Trash.
2. Right-click (or Control-click) on the file or folder and select Delete from the pop-up menu.
3. A confirmation dialog will appear; click Delete to confirm and permanently remove the item from your Mac.
How to delete a download using Terminal
If you want to delete a download using Terminal, you first need to find the path of the file. To do this, open Terminal and type “find / -name filename”. This will search your entire computer for the file. Once you have found the path, type “rm path/to/file”. This will delete the file from your computer.
How to delete a download using Automator
Assuming you have Automator installed on your Mac, follow these steps to delete a download using Automator:
1. Open Automator and create a new workflow.
2. Select the “Files & Folders” action from the library.
3. Drag the “Get Selected Finder Items” action into the workflow area.
4. Select the “Utilities” action from the library.
5. Drag the “Move Finder Items to Trash” action into the workflow area.
6. Save the workflow and give it a name (e.g., “Delete Downloads”).
7. Now, whenever you want to delete a download (or multiple downloads), simply select them in Finder and run the workflow you created.
Deleting downloads on Mac is a simple process that only takes a few moments of your time. Now you know how to delete any download from your Mac, whether it be an application, audio file or video. By following these easy steps, you can keep your computer running smoothly and free up some hard drive space for new downloads. So if you’re done with something and no longer need it stored on your Mac, simply go through the uninstallation instructions we provided above and get rid of it!