How To Wash Pattu Sarees At Home?
Washing pattu sarees at home can seem like a daunting task, but it doesn’t have to be! With a few simple tips, you can keep your sarees looking beautiful for years to come. Here are a few things to keep in mind when washing pattu sarees: – Use a mild detergent and lukewarm water. – Avoid scrubbing or rubbing the fabric too harshly. – Be careful not to soak the saree for too long. – Hang the saree to dry in a shaded area. Follow these tips and your pattu sarees will stay looking gorgeous for years to come!
What is a Pattu Saree?
When it comes to Indian sarees, there is nothing more traditional or elegant than a Pattu saree. Often made of silk, these sarees are typically adorned with intricate gold or silver embroidery and are considered to be a symbol of wealth and status. While they may be delicate, Pattu sarees are actually quite easy to care for – you can even wash them at home! Here’s how:
Start by gently removing any dirt or debris from the fabric with a soft brush. If there are any stubborn stains, pre-treat them with a mild detergent before washing.
Next, fill a sink or basin with cool water and add in a gentle laundry detergent. Soak the saree for about 15 minutes, then use your hands to lightly agitate the fabric and work the soap into the fabric.
Afterwards, rinse the saree thoroughly in cool water until all traces of soap have been removed. Hang the saree up to air dry – do not put it in the dryer as this could damage the delicate fabric.
With just a little bit of care, you can keep your Pattu saree looking like new for years to come!
Why are Pattu Sarees so Popular?
Pattu sarees are popular for a number of reasons. They are traditionally made with high-quality silk, which is soft and lustrous. The sarees are also often intricately embellished with gold or silver thread, making them quite beautiful. Additionally, pattu sarees are comfortable to wear and can be draped in a variety of ways.
How to Wash Pattu Sarees at Home
Assuming you don’t have a saree keeper at home and need to wash your pattu sarees yourself, here is a step-by-step guide on how to do it without damaging the delicate fabric.
1. Fill a bucket with cool water and add a mild detergent meant for delicates. Swish the saree around in the soapy water for a few minutes before draining the bucket.
2. Fill the bucket again with cool water and rinse the saree thoroughly. You may need to do this a couple of times to get all the soap out.
3. Once the saree is rinsed, gently squeeze out the excess water and hang it on a clothesline or drying rack to air dry completely. Do not wring or twist the wet saree as this can damage the fabric.
4. Once dry, iron the saree on low heat to remove any wrinkles. Be extra careful while ironing delicate fabrics like silk as too much heat can ruin the material.
Tips for Washing Pattu Sarees
It is always better to get your pattu sarees dry cleaned. However, if you must wash them at home, follow these tips:
– Use a mild detergent and cold water.
– Do not scrub or wring the saree. Gently hand wash it.
– Hang the saree to dry in the shade. Do not expose it to direct sunlight.
– Once it is dry, iron the saree on a low heat setting.
We hope that these tips on how to wash pattu sarees at home have been helpful. Pattu sarees are a beautiful and delicate garment, so it is important to take care of them properly. With a little bit of care, you can keep your pattu saree looking like new for many years to come.